Each Chakra energy center is related to a particular part of the body and all the major systems within it. Our Chakras can be blocked because of many factors; trauma, negative thinking, stress, diet, and a sedentary lifestyle. It is vital to keep these energies clear and unblocked to allow our body to function as it was created to. The following are the seven Chakras from the base of the sacrum to the top of the head:
Solar Plexus Chakra
Third Eye Chakra
Which of Your Chakras are Blocked?
Read through the list of Chakras below to find out which of your centers need to be re-aligned.
1. Root Chakra
Position: Base of the Spine
Objective: It is associated with the foundations of survival: food, shelter, safety, comfort and belonging.
Blocked by: Fear which cannot be managed.
When your Root Chakra is blocked:
- You often feel stuck and inactive.
- You experience overwhelming stress because of external pressure.
- You feel insecure about your life.
- You feel left out in varied situations.
- You are facing persistent financial problems.
Healing the Root Chakra:
- Get outside! Engage more in activities like gardening, going for morning works in the garden, walking barefoot on the grass, literally hug a tree, go hiking.
- Place yourself in a safe and comfortable environment where you feel calm and secure. Be around soothing and earthy colors or objects reminding you of nature.
- Do Yoga. It can reconnect the body to the spirit.
2. Sacral Chakra
Position: Right below the belly button.
Objective: In charge of connectivity, sexuality, pleasure, quality of relationships, contentment, and joy of life.
Blocked by: Guilt and trauma
When your Sacral Chakra is blocked:
- You see yourself in a negative light, feeling inadequate, and like you're not enough.
- You have trouble engaging and connecting in sexual relationships.
- You hold negative, fearful, or degrading ideas about physical intimacy and sex.
- You feel disconnected from your body and other people.
- You have a negative perspective on yourself.
- You desperately search for a worthy partner, failing to realize you are lovable.
Healing the Sacral Chakra:
- Recognize and appreciate the experiences you're having in the moment.
- Sever Toxic Emotional Ties – This chakra drains because of unstable relationships or friendship dynamics. In relationships, you have to engage in transparent and direct communication instead of being emotionally reactive.
- Repressed sexuality can lead to serious imbalances in the Sacral chakra. It will shut down or become overactive.
- Work on building trust in intimacy and sensuality with your partner. It may help resolve guilt associated with sex.
- During meditation, envision bright orange energy above your sacral area. Use Sacral Chakra stones like Tiger's Eye, Citrine, Snowflake Obsidian, or Moonstone.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra
Position: Above the belly button, below the breastbone.
Objective: Self-esteem, self-development, self-worth, freedom from shame.
Blocked by: Shame.
When your Solar Plexus Chakra is blocked:
- You are not assertive enough to define your boundaries.
- You suffer from a poor self-esteem.
- You always seek external validation to boost yourself.
- You feel that you are a victim of circumstance and of the past.
Healing the Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Affirmations. Look at yourself in the mirror and recite true and positive things about yourself.
- If ever you feel rejected or unseen, remind yourself of your worth and focus on what value you bring into the world.
- Find a way to serve someone with no expectation of accolades.
- Meditation. Simply envisioning a brilliant yellow energy over your Solar Plexus chakra can help immensely. Utilize Solar plexus chakra healing stones including stones like citrine, amber, yellow jasper, hematite, and tiger’s eye.
4. Heart Chakra -
Position: Center of chest, above your heart
Objective: Emotion, compassion, kindness, self-acceptance, and love for the self and others, masculine and feminine energies.
Blocked by: Grief
When your Heart Chakra is blocked:
- You may have difficulty finding your purpose or the meaning in life.
- You don’t feel contented and happy with your possessions or achievements.
- You have a difficult time becoming emotionally attached to others because you are afraid of getting hurt or deceived.
- You can be too committed or not committed enough in a relationship or friendship.
- You become vengeful or resentful in your relationship.
Healing the Heart Chakra:
- Practice heart-opening yoga or take an Epsom salt bath to help with muscle relaxation.. The body must be free of physical restrictions in order to heal the Heart Chakra.
- Try staying away from energy-draining situations and eliminate those who are toxic.
- Use affirmations to heal from self-limiting beliefs.
- Meditation. Envision a bright green, healing light over your Heart Chakra. Sit in silence and focus on everything you love about yourself. Include Heart Chakra healing stones like Rose Quartz, Aventurine, Botswana Agate, and Moss Agate.
5. Throat Chakra
Position: In your throat
Objective: Communication, self-expression, speaking your truth, assertiveness, creativity, and being receptive of others' perspectives and ideas.
Blocked by: Lies
When your Throat Chakra is blocked:
- You are nervous about speaking your truth for fear of rejection.
- You are a people-pleaser.
- You may find it scary or difficult to speak up for yourself regarding your opinions, needs, choices, etc.
- You could feel unseen, unheard, and misunderstood
- You may experience creativity blocks.
Healing the Throat Chakra:
- Speak truthfully. Express your ideas and thoughts as often as you can.
- Tell others about your needs, opinions, and desires.
- Meditation. Envision dark blue energy within your throat. Use Throat Chakra healing stones by placing them just above or on your throat.
6. Third Eye Chakra
Position: On the forehead, between your eyebrows
Objective: Psychic abilities like intuition, empathy, clairvoyance, discernment, and visualization.
Blocked by: Illusion.
When your Third Eye Chakra is blocked:
- You may be indecisive or unable to make decisions after weighing the pros and cons.
- You do not trust your intuition or gut instinct.
- You are an overthinker of both important and trivial things.
Healing the Third Eye Chakra:
- Try making quick decisions as the opportunities arise. Your first instinct typically comes from your intuition.
- Focus on the present moment instead of becoming lost in thought.
- Meditate by picturing an ultra-violet light surrounding your Third Eye Chakra. Breathe deeply while holding stones that resonate with the Third Eye.
7. Crown Chakra
Position: Top of the head
Objective: Your brain and Central Nervous system are attuned to the Crown Chakra. It is affiliated with spirituality, enlightenment, your belief system, revelation,and your connection to the Divine.
Blocked by: Attachment.
When your Crown Chakra is blocked:
- You may suffer from migraines or tension headaches.
- You could be more focused on acquiring materialistic possessions than your own connection to spirituality.
- You feel worthless and experience isolation and loneliness.
- You do not allow yourself to be guided by a higher power or may disregard or resent it.
Healing the Crown Chakra:
- Be sure you get enough rest during the day and sleep at night.
- Read books about spiritual beliefs and practices as a way of finding your own connection to the Universe.
- Visualize a healing white light coming down from Spirit, healing and balancing your Crown.
- Mediatating with Crown Chakra Stones such as Howlite, Clear Quartz, Amethyst, and Moonstone can also be an effective way to heal the Crown Chakra.