The chakra system has always been a part of human existence as it is a part of how we were created. The first written account of Chakras was found in the Vedas, an ancient compilation of texts written in India between 1500 and 500 B.C. Like all words found in the Vedas, ‘chakra’ is a Sanskrit term that means disk, wheel, or vortex.
The seven chakras are spinning wheels of energy that run up and down the spine. The first one is situated at the base of the tailbone, while the last is located just above the top of the head.
Each chakra has a separate position and serves a different purpose. By learning as much as possible about each chakra center, I became aware of a couple of things:
- Chakras influence every part of our body by working as energy regulators.
- Each chakra center has a four-part influence: emotional, physical, psychological, and spiritual.
- When our chakras are out of balance, both physical and mental issues can manifest.
- There are 7 universally accepted ‘main’ chakras and as many as 110 smaller energetic centers throughout the body.
- Each chakra is associated and defined by different colors.
Because each chakra is so unique, there is no way to cover them all in one short paragraph. If you want a complete energetic healing, you’ll have to learn how to balance all seven chakras. This starts with understanding their positioning and purpose.
Click HERE to learn which crystals correlate with each chakra and how to use them for healing.